Monday, March 19, 2007

Advantages of the Single Life

Let's start with some of the positives. What are some of the advantages of being single? No matter what has brought you to living single, what do you enjoy about it?

This may be different for men and women, but let's try not to bash. Sterotypes are just stereotypes. My Ex, for example, was not the stereotypical male. He was very neat. I was Oscar and he was Felix.

I'll start.

I'm glad I don't have to consult another adult about where I want to vacation or with whom, or what color I want to paint a room. Post divorce I did a little remodeling. I could just pick the things I wanted, no restrictions. That was cool.

I like having the whole closet to myself. In fact, I tore out the shelves myself and put in new ones where I wanted them. That turned out to be a bigger project than I meant it to be, but no one was irritated with me but myself. That was enough!

What about you?

2 comments:

Laura said...

I like alot of things about the single life. I, too, was married to a neat person. He was also very controlling. Now I can make decisions for myself. Even if it is only that I don't want to make my bed this morning. That was something I was never permitted to leave undone. I have my own space, my own identity (rather than being "So and So's wife).
Sometimes I make the wrong decisions, but like you, I have only me to blame. That has been a great "learning about me" experience. In my situation, getting divorced allowed me to really get to know myself. I worked on the things that I didn't like about me, and built up the things that I did. Now I love the person that I am!! :-)

Unknown said...

Having the tv and the bed to myself. No arguing, no snoring or other things interferring with my sleep.

No sharing a bathroom. That's a biggy.

Free time is just that, free for me to have one less person to worry about.