Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Top Ten Warning Signs of Good Health

I was thinking about what it is that most people are looking for in a potential romantic partner and I saw this list at a friend's house. I can't determine the original source, but it was a description that I thought you'd like to hear.

Top Ten Warning Signs of Good Health
1. Persistent sense of humor
2. Sense of spiritual involvement
3. Increased appetite for physical activity
4. Persistent presence of support network
5. Tendency to adapt to changing situations
6. Repeated episodes of gratitude and generosity
7. Episodic outbreaks of joyful, happy experiences
8. Tendency to identify and communicate feelings
9. Rapid recovery of stress response systems to repeated challenges
10. Chronic positive expectations and a tendency to frame events in a constructive light.


Isn't that who you'd like to meet - for a friend or a partner: someone healthy?

4 comments:

Mike said...

AM,

You forgot to add to that list being a good sport when I did not win the mystery bar stool contest again.

AVO deserves it this time, I conceded that I had been there at Sly Horse before, but it was only in the second floor dining area. I have enjoyed drinks out on their patio before ----but no glimpse of their bar either to add to my keen photographic memory.

I tell folks I have a photograpic memory, just no film in my camera

Mike said...

AM,

These should be the top ten signs of someone who is psychosocially fit not physically fit. when I think of physical fitness I think of things like resting pulse rate, aerobic pulse rate, BMR or height/weight ration, skin caliper subqutaneous fat measurement, forced vital capacity and forced expiratory volume - 1 sec. HDL/LDL ratios etc.

Of that list of ten items, is the list ranked in the order of preference of the respondants or the qualities the health subject exudes ?

Well either way its food for thought I guess. What does everyone else think ?

Another healthy quality is keeping the blog goining and to stay entertaining at the same time. Now how is that for multi-tasking ?

Mike said...

AM, AVO and MoneyGirl

Check out the last entry on the Mystery Barstool dialog box.

Just to show you that I am a good sport and also plays well with others.

just me said...

how was the skating last fri?