Monday, March 3, 2008

Singles on Ice





We had fun Friday night at our Leap Day Skating event. I'm happy to report that there were no injuries. I even tried the skating, but only went around the ice for one lap due to the discomfort of my new ankle hardware. Mike got the most for his money, skating almost constantly, and with considerable grace.

Mike was awarded his Mystery Barstool prize from February's TJ Elliott's picture. Ava wasn't present, but I still have her award for the Sly Horse Tavern.

Although we had more initial interest, we had a small crowd. That didn't stop us from enjoying ourselves. Next time I just need to give more advanced notice. We'll try it again next winter.

Our next events:
March Madness Mixer on Thursday, March 27 at the Ledo's in Crofton at Eddie's Place.
Suburban Singles Night at the LA Singles Dance - Friday, April 18th
May will feature our Blind Date Contest
June details are in the works for a night at TJ Elliot's

2 comments:

Ava said...

Looks like you had fun! Or as Mike might say, a n-ice time. So sorry I had to miss it. Thanks for posting the photos.

Ava

Mike said...

AM,

Thanks for the captioning and the pic. Ice skating is a great aerobic exercise if done continuosly and with fortitude or true dedication. No chills, spills or cardiac arrests either.

I told Ann afterwards I would run 10 miles and then take a swim
( a "winter triathlon" ). Hey I got to prove that I am in good shape in future consideration for that "Blind Date Contest" that she is conjuring up.

Guess I will just have to be "put on ice" for now.