Monday, September 17, 2007

Thanks

I was overwhelmed by the turnout at our first singles event last Friday night. Seventy-five people turned out to sample wines and coffees and appetizers. We all enjoyed the artwork on display and several had fun winning doorprizes.

I was so encouraged to hear your reasons for coming. Several people told me it was their first time out either since the second singlehood began or at least in quite a while. I heard from several people that they appreciated the event being in Eric's lovely gallery instead of a bar or a dance. The samplings and the art made conversation easy.

As usual at singles events, there were more women than men, but there were quite a few men - handsome, well-employed men too! Even if romance didn't bloom, it was great to meet new friends and I saw a few glad reunions.

I was disappointed that MoneyGirl, our second Mystery Barstool Contest winner did not reveal herself. MoneyGirl, you need to click on my profile to get to my e-mail address. If you give me your contact information, I will mail you your gift certificates to the Four Seasons Grille.

I'm sorry for the delay in posting. I had a wonderful adventure planned for Saturday that went horribly wrong. I was chasing catamarans in a motor boat on the West River. Due to a series of minor misjudgments, I fell and broke my leg in three places. I had an excruciating ride back to the marina followed by an ambulance ride to Anne Arundel Med Center. After x-rays, they reset my foot so my toes were pointing in the right direction again, but I am still going to have to go back to have some screw put in.

My family has been waiting on me and I have tried to keep my drug level high. I will keep you posted, but will not be writing as frequently as I'd like to in the next few days. Then I suppose I will have plenty of time for blogging. I broke my right foot, so I won't be driving for a while.

This reminds me that I want to have a conversation about how you deal with injury or illness when you are single. But I'll save that for later.

Thanks to all of you who came out Friday night. It was absolutely wonderful.

1 comment:

Mike said...

AM,

Sorry to hear you cannot drive with your broken foot. If you need a ride to the next event I think we can arrange that for you.

If anyone says you have a few screws loose for chasing catamarans in a motor boad just tell them your orthopaedic surgeon just tightened them to keep your foot attached to your leg.

In either case you are a true daredevil or else you enjoy cheating death. I gave up my skydiving " too many strings attached ".

Later