Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Who can come out to play on Friday night?

I hope many of you already marked your calendars to come have some fun this Friday night, January 11th at the LA Singles Dance held from 8:30pm -1am. The dance is held in the Knights of Columbus Hall on the northbound side of Route 3 in Bowie, between the Science & Tech Center and route 450.

If you've never been before, there is always a crowd and they are always dancing. The music will be played by a disc jockey, although they sometimes do have live music. There is a $9 entry fee and a cash bar. They do have a no-jeans rule. The music is a range of classic oldies and recent pop hits. A wide age range attends.

I can't guarantee I'm staying until 1am, but the organizers have designated two tables with red & blue tablecloths to help us find each other. I'll be there at the beginning, greeting friends, but later you will likely find me dancing. I have some holiday calories to burn! I hope you all join me on the dance floor.

I've already heard from several who are planning to attend. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions. I know many of you have been to this dance before or are even regulars. So stop over and say hello. Let me introduce you to someone new.

Buckle down and work hard this week so you can come out and play this Friday!
See you there!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll see you there! I'm up for trying something new!

MarkEC said...

Count me in! See you there, looking forward to dancing a bit. :-)

Mike said...

Hey AM,

I'm waiting to identify that next barstool. Make it easy for me to identify and difficult for everybody else ( Easier said than done )

AM Kingsfield said...

As much as I want to, I may not get to it before the dance. I will have a January Mystery Barstool though. Promise.

Precariousgirl said...

I have a friend from high school coming to visit from out of town. So Unfortunately I will have to miss this event. I hope to be able to make the next event. I will be there in spirit though.

Mike said...

AM,

What happened ? did one of our fine SSS sponsors get financially behind over the holidays so no barstool till mid January ?

Money Girl and Precarious Girl beat me fare and square. Its now time to take back the reigning title.