Thursday, July 19, 2007

Interesting Pick-Up Lines

I bet you have some good stories on this topic. I'll share two.

Once, I was at a Mexican restaurant in DC with an organization called "Professional in the City." (No, not that kind of professionals!)

Anyway, the booth in which I was sitting was semi-open on both ends - one end being occupied with a large wooden carving of a horse on his hind legs.

Once eye contact with a man at the bar was established, he walked over, leaned around the horse and asked me, "Would you like a horse's a$$?"
Memorable, and as it turns out, fairly accurate.


On a separate occasion, a hockey-playing New York firefighter was in the same pub as I, enjoying the band and the beverages. He was hoping to extend our time together and wanted to exchange phone numbers. He wrote his number on a $50 bill and gave it to me. He then wrote mine on a $100.

Impressive, huh? Not that it worked. We spoke on the phone once after that, but then, somehow, I lost his number.


Tell me one of your stories.

5 comments:

Laura said...

The best pick up line I ever got was this. He came up to me and said I know your ex husband, and I never really liked him much. But then, when I found out he had been married to you, I had to rethink my position. When I asked why, he said, Well you have to respect the man who could land a lovely lady like you.
It was such a line!! But WOW. How sweet. It worked, he got a date. Didn't go far after that, but it is a line I will never forget!!

Mike said...

My favorite line is: "You remind me of parking ticket, since you have fine written all over you "

AM Kingsfield said...

How's that one working for you Mike? ;-)

Mike said...

AM,

I tried it out on a Lady Cop once -- next thing you know I ended up in handcuffs ( and I was'nt even being arrested either )

Nah, Just kidding, I never actually tried it but you have to admit it is kinda humerous.

Let's see how well it work's next time I see you.

Unknown said...

I once had a man say I reminded him of his first wife. I asked if that was a good thing or a bad thing. He replied, "I don't know..I've never been married before."

I was incredibly creeped out by the whole thing since I was 19 and he was old enough to be my dad. Although, I've never forgotten the line.