Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tell Me Your Story About...

...dating with children.

I find myself recently in new territory. I can see, however, that this territory has been worn by many. I also imagine that I am not the only one who might benefit from the sharing of your collective experiences.

So tell me, what would you try to keep in mind when meeting the child of someone you are dating? What balance are you walking, especially if your children meet the one you are dating too?

I guess the odds of that happening increase with age. Perhaps it is strange that I haven't done this before.

So tell all of us your stories. I'm sure you have some helpful advice.

1 comment:

Mike said...

AM,

I think it is probaly better for children to meet prospective or actual dates of their parents in social or group settings vs. them having to deal with awkward and/or difficult one on one situations. Their team sporting events probably would be a very non-threatening environment (cause they have an exit with their friends) or else something very disalarming---- like a church social function for example.