Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sharing School Information

I know that many schools have e-mailed newsletters that are very useful when trying to keep the non-custodial parent informed about school events.

But there always seem to be programs, field trips, and ceremonies that I hear about, or remember, at the last minute. Sometimes I feel irritated to have to be the one responsible for including the other parent. "If I had only known sooner, I could have..." Parenting is never convenient. I know I can't attend everything either, whether or not I have advanced or last-minute notice. I don't want to be blamed for not notifying him about something, but there is so much going on. My plans remain flexible, which can be stressful, but I'm used to the feeling.

So how do you manage the sharing of information about your children's school events? What systems have been useful to you?

No comments: