Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Everyday Flirtations

Have you noticed my poll questions to the right of your screen?

Mike, our first Mystery Barstool Winner, suggested a singles event in a grocery store. Since I am laid up with my broken leg, I have not begun to shop around for a venue for such an event, but it sounds like a good idea to me. And it got me to thinking about the wonderful opportunities for flirting in a grocery store.

Did you ever see the Steve Martin/Rick Moranis movie, "My Blue Heaven"? Martin's character approaches a woman in frozen foods and says something like...
You better get outta this aisle.
What do you mean?
You are so hot, you could melt all this stuff.


I know, super corny. But maybe we could have corny pick-up lines on the door prize cards.
So what flirtatious comments could you make in a grocery store?

6 comments:

Mike said...

OH Don't get me started:

Lets meet over at the apple juice -its an in cider joke

What did one amorous mellon say to the other - sorry you cantaloupe

You must be a potato - you definitely have eyes all over you

You must be a fish - you look a little crappe today

(perfect for a broken leg situation)
You touch -- Ice scream

What did the bagle say to the pancake --there you go you are waffling again

Meet me over at the dairy case and I'll butter you up. I'm milking that one for all its worth

I must be in the used car aisle did you see the es car go

Lets go make a Sunday -- I've got the cherries and whipped cream--- at home ( You touch and Ice scream )-- oops!!! used that one before

don't stand in the aisle stand in the cashier line "I just wanted to check you out"

I'm on the seafood diet: I see food and then I eat it

Lets make a lovers salad -- lettuce alone and no dressing

Any more like this and we'll have to double bag at the chek-out ---now thats food for thought

AM Kingsfield said...

Wonderful!

Mike said...

AM,

I'm trying for another win --- been enoying the free appetizer cards at The Four Season's.

BTW The Fresh Produce aisle is the best place to connect -- Its the only place where the guys can thump the mellons for firmness without getting slapped.

MarkEC said...

I keep thinking of the movie Animal House where the one character picks up the dean's wife in the produce section. I have never tried flirting at the grocery store.. probably because I am coming from the gym most of the time. ;-)

Mike said...

I see what few votes we have are unanimous for the fresh produce aisle.

It wins for at least two reasons

1. folks slow down to observe and pick over the best selection that is available

2. fruits and vegetables have interesting colors, shapes and contours, with some actually being anatomically analogous to human morhpology. Its a subliminal suggestive Freudian thing.

AM Kingsfield said...

Does anyone besides me remember Tim Curry's Zuchinni song from SNL? "Oh, what a beauty! I've never seen one as big as that before!"