Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Event Reminder

I hope you can all come out to our next Suburban Singles Scene event.

On Thursday, December 6th from 5-7pm, Allison's Restaurant is hosting a Free Drink Happy Hour. Owner Jim Hamrock is offering a secret free drink announced on this blog. The first Lagoon is on the house. It's blue, so it will be easy to spot your friends from the blog & the magazine.

Mike Smollen, everyone's favorite butcher, will be contributing some of his fine roasts to the merriment.

I am going to bring the decks of a few games I have, if you want to play a questions game with some of your comrades. I have Tribond, Would You Rather?, Worst Case Scenario, and a Trivial Pursuit.

What's your opinion on board games?

2 comments:

Mike said...

AM,

I got invited to an office Holiday Party that same eve. in Columbia. MD.

If I successfully identify that barstool, I may have to wait until the next event to actually claim the prize, like our friend Money Girl

I know you are trying really hard to stump me this time, but I always rise to a formidable challenge.

I hope that Suburban Scene will host another event between now and New Year's eve. As a resident of Crofton Village North I do have special consideration to rent the Community Center in Waugh Chapel Village - might be able to host a BYOB mixer, but we would probably need at least 40 persons at say $10/per to make it fly. It truly is a superb facility for receptions / private parties.

Mike said...

AM,

We appreciate all the time and efforts you and Suburban Scene Magazine staff have done to improve the "quality of life" in the Odenton, Crofton and Gambrills areas in 07 ( and soon to officially include Bowie too ). Keep up the fine work heading into 08 and beyond.

Looks like I'll have to take a rain check on this particular event at Allison's but Fri and Sat eves always seem to work out much much better for us working stiffs.