Monday, November 5, 2007

Dancing & Insight

I had fun at the Changing Focus Benefit dinner last Saturday night. (You can read about it in the Suburban Scene's e-newsletter. Let me know if you want to be put on that e-mail list.)

I even danced, albeit slowly and hanging on tight. I could not dance to "Brown-Eyed Girl" even if the majority in the polls agreed with me that it was a great get up and dance song.

It was great to see some familiar faces there.

The motivational speaker, Linda Roebuck, led us through an interesting exercise I thought I'd share with you, but you have to be willing to play along. First, you need to find a scrap of paper and number it from one to ten.

Now as she led us through this exercise, we had finished dinner, the lights were low, the cash bar had been hopping. Ms. Roebuck had a peaceful voice and encouraged us to close our eyes. None of that set up is going to work here, so just humor me.

1. Imagine you are on a walk out in nature. Write down who you are walking with.
2. You see an animal. Write down the animal you see.
3. What do you do when you see the animal?
4. You see the house of your dreams on your walk. Describe it briefly.
5. Is there a fence around your yard?
6. When you go in, what do you see on the table?
7. You see a cup on the floor. What it is made out of?
8. What do you do with the cup?
9. There is water on your property. What body of water is it?
10. How do you attempt to cross the water?



OK, now here are the interpretations of your answers:

1. The person you are with is a significant relationship.(ok, that was an easy one.)
2. The size of the animal relates to the size of the problems you are currently facing.
3. What you do with the animal reflects how you deal with those problems.
4. What does the house say about your personal style?
5. A fence indicates you are less open to relationships with others, more closed off. No fence means that you value relationships.
6. What is on the table... I can't quite remember this one, reflects something about yourself. (Flowers, food are good. I saw mail - obligations, communication)
7. What the cup is made out of represents how you feel about loving relationships.
8. What you do with the cup represents how you treat the person you love.
9. The size of the body of water represents your sexual desire.
10. How wet you get represents your involvement in #9.

Anyone want to share a personal insight?

7 comments:

Mike said...

Now that was an interesting exercise. The animal was a grizzly bear and I showed my teeth in order to tame it and the home that I wanted to live in was a California contemporary on the cliffs having the Pacific Ocean being in the back yard and the cliff having a diving board on it for me to dive into the ocean just like I was in Accapulco. Now all I need to do now is decide who to take that nature walk with. ------ HA !!!!!!!

Mike said...

I forgot to mention too, that I also found a glass cup on the floor and I took that same cup and I put it into the sink for delicate washing by hand.

Since the glass is see through
Does this somehow imply that I will be giving someone a delicate sponge bath in very shear outfit sometime in the near future ?

The plot thickens -------HA!!!!!!!

Mike said...

OOOps I meant a sheer outfit.

Edward Scissorhands is the only person I know that wears a shear outfit.

Been at my computer too long !!!

AM Kingsfield said...

Well, I think this all means that you have big wild problems that you have tamed.
And that you need to get away from your computer and to Friday's wine tasting!

Mike said...

AM,

Your right, only a docile wine tasting event will tame that savage beast within me, and get me away from my computer. See you then & there.

I wonder what type of a cup I will find on the floor over there ?

Unknown said...

ok, I did this exercise and here is what I got....

Walking with a tall, dark haired fella (who I have yet to meet yet) walking along on a fall day with my dogs which makes me give a little giggle when I see them frolicking in the crisp autumn leaves. The home on the property is a traditional colonial with a white picket fence. When I go inside there is a cornucopia centerpiece on the formal dining table. I saw a small plastic cup on an end table which I prompt put in the sink. This particular vision takes place on the local Severn River and considering its autumn….I didn’t get wet.

Thoughts?!?

AM Kingsfield said...

Here's your 2-cent psychoanalysis:
You are a happy, traditional woman who appreciated boundaries, but is not closed off. You are practical and renewing your desires daily.