Friday, March 28, 2008

Fun Night


We sure had fun at the mixer at Ledo's last night. About 50 local singles turned out to enjoy the game, pizza, and beer. I was happy to see some familiar faces and a bunch of new ones. That's one of the great things about singles events: the collection of people is constantly changing. You never know who you are going to meet. You certainly increase your chances of meeting someone new by getting out of your routine. So thank you to all of you who came out and had some fun. Everyone was a good sport about the nametags and our Madness Matching game. I'd like to thank the owners of Ledo Pizza in Crofton as well as the Hops & Vines owners who poured our beer tasting. Our waitresses, Colleen, Beth, & Megan, also did a wonderful job.

The Trivia Contest turned out to be a bigger challenge than I anticipated. But the highest scorers all won door prizes to make up for their frustration. I promise the next contest will be more achievable. I thought it was hard because I'm not a big basketball fan. Everyone did better on the Madness section of the quiz.

The Matching Game was a way to get people talking to each other in order to guess who was on their back and who their match was. Almost all of the pairs were actors and the mad character they portrayed. A harder match than we anticipated was Jack Nicholson's character from "The Shining." Does anyone remember the name of his character? How about the pscho femme fatale played by Glenn Close in "Fatal Attraction"?

If you are just joining our blog conversation after last night's event, we all welcome you and invite you to share your comments. Stay tuned for updates on local single events, contests, and enjoyable conversation with local singles who get it.

4 comments:

Ava said...

Great party; great prizes. And the food & beer were very good, too. Thanks, Ann! How was the ladies night after-party? See you for the next event, in June.

johnjm said...

Good pizza, good beer, good company. I am looking frward to the next event. Ann, are you going to post the answers to the trivia contest? As a Jeopardy! fan, I miss not getting the answers right away.
Did anyone even pay attention to the games? I don't have a strong rooting interest, except for Villanova who didn't play last night. (I'm from Philadelphia.)

Mike said...

AM,

You and Laura T. pulled off yet another great event. Keep up the fine work.

AM Kingsfield said...

Thanks guys. It was fun.
I didn't head out to the Sly Horse after. That was a last minute addition, and I had kids at home.

Sorry I didn't go over the trivia answers. I will post those next. It was just loud and I wanted to get through the door prizes before people had to leave. I'll see if I can improve that bit for the June 18th Summer Kickoff at TJ Elliot's in Bowie.

Thanks to Laura, my sweet editor, for greeting folks as they arrived, and to Leanne, my sales director who also helped greet people.