Wednesday, March 12, 2008

How do you feel about nametags?

I am planning some of the details for our March Madness Mixer coming up in just a couple of weeks on Thursday the 27th at the Crofton Ledo's from 6-9:30pm. Have you been in that restaurant? They are giving us that back area, that is almost a separate room. I've been getting lots of inquiries, so I'm expecting a big crowd. I think we'll set a new record. You might want to carpool.

Anyway, I was wondering how you feel about wearing nametags. I know that I often feel rebellious and don't want to wear them, although I have been bailed out more than once by a person's nametag. When you are meeting lots of people, and especially if you are a little bit nervous, they can be a saving grace. I think I will have them available as an option. Of course I can't make anyone wear them. I'm not your mom.

And while we're at it, how do you feel about mixer type games? Anything about those that you love or hate? I was thinking about a kind of matching game.

5 comments:

Mike said...

AM,

Name tags are OK by me. Guess mine will read "Lucky Mike" as that is probably how I am best known by the other readers of this blog. My alias is "Legman" but so far only a handful know that.

Mixer games are OK too. a great one is to put a name of a notable politician on a name tag on your back and then you have to ask only yes or no answer questions to someone who has observed that name tag on your back to arrive at who you are representing.

Perhaps at half time I could even practice up on my co-ed touch football skills -- now how does that grab you ?

Mike said...

AM,

You can't make people wear name tags but you can encourage their use by making rules on the doorprizes. Like no name tag no door prize. I always thought the carrot approach works better than the stick

AM Kingsfield said...

Now Mike, your lucky streak could break if you bring football into the March Madness Mixer.

How do you feel about games like that? I guess that could be optional too. I might do something similar with the topics of basketball, beer, and madness though.

Mike said...

AM,

Basketball is not a real contact sport when it's compared to football, and you don't have to worry either I won't be bringing my football to an otherwise basketball event.

The only commonality between a basketball game and a singles mixer is to hopefully score in a big way.

We'll leave the touch techniques and football behind with the FLOBS this time, in favor of "hooping" it up - so to speak. I'll have to show off my Air Jordan moves instead when I'm making a half-court pass. ( I'll make a full court-pass when I win that blind date contest ).

AM Kingsfield said...

I hear people are having trouble posting comments. Sometimes blogger isn't cooperative. This is a test comment for me. If you can't get through, e-mail me at ann@suburbanscene.net. Hopefully it was just a temporary glitch.