Saturday, June 9, 2007

Dance Next Friday, June 15

Who wants to go to the LA Singles dance at the Bowie Knights of Columbus Hall next Friday?

The dance starts at 8:30, but I probably can't get there until 9 or 9:30. They do have a no jeans rule and I think there is a cover charge, but it's reasonable. There is a cash bar too.

I'm going to go. I'd love to meet some of you all there. I was thinking it would be fun to have a way to identify ourselves. Since you've seen my picture, and I haven't seen you, if you recognize me, flash me a peace sign.

It will be fun to meet each other!

4 comments:

Mike said...

AM (or Anne if you prefer )

I am still trying to collect my prize for the mystery bar stool contest. Not sure about that Bowie Singles Dance ? I'd rather go to a place where you don't have to scream to be heard over music -- I don't smoke or recreationally drink either --- so its not that much of draw to me.

Mike said...

AM,

I got your suggestion to invite the folks from my church, but I don't think they will bite on something like this either. They're more the fresh air and outdoor bound kinda folks during the summer months. In the fall and winter months you could pose this same idea again possibly with takers ?

AM Kingsfield said...

Too bad, Mike. But I'm still going. I don't get the chance to dance often, so I grab it when I can. And you don't have to drink alcohol unless you want.

If you come to the September 14th mixer at Crofton Fine Art, I will give you your prize there. I'm still working the kinks out of the new contest plan. And that mixer will have a coffee tasting from local roaster, Cosmic Bean, and appetizers from Super Suppers and My Butcher & More. So, hopefully, that will be right up your alley.

Mike said...

AM,

Crofton Art Gallery and The Cosmic Bean --- Now we're talking !!!! You are definitely a progressive thinker ---you scored two "babe points" in my book -- keep up the fine work !!!