Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Dancing

I did go to the LA Singles dance last Friday. The place was packed. We barely found a parking space. If you like to dance, this is a great venue. The dj frequently announced official dances that obviously many people knew: the John Paul, the El Paso, even one called Booty Call. It felt a little like the dance unit of my gym class in junior high, but all grown up, with a cash bar & disco ball. I didn't know any of those dances and wondered how so many other people knew them. I'm going to have to take lessons somewhere I guess. There were always people on the dance floor.

5 comments:

just me said...

to learn some of those dances, you just need to go to a few bar/bat mitzvah receptions - so all you need are more Jewish friends with 13-year-olds...

AM Kingsfield said...

Sign me up!

Unknown said...

A lot of the group dances can be learned at wedding receptions. So the next time you receive an invitation to a wedding...think twice. You might just get a free dance lesson out of it!

AM Kingsfield said...

I'm going to two weddings this October. I'll pay attention!

Mike said...

You'll just have to learn the choreography if you want to come and dance at my wedding ----
and no Tiajuanna two steps either.