Sunday, May 27, 2007

Holiday Weekend Fun

What have you all been doing this Memorial Day? My neighbor's family is in town for Rolling Thunder in DC. That reminds me that tonight would be an excellent night for people watching downtown. I'm heading out.

I had a few invitations to cook-outs and picnics. A member of Changing Focus was having one that sounded fun. Did anyone go? How was it? I wish I could go to them all!

I helped march with my sister's Abrakadoodle float in the town parade. Even though it was sweaty hot, I'm glad the warm weather is finally here!

I did get down to Annapolis for a lovely date on the Schooner Woodwind. Have you guys ever tried that? It was the perfect weather for a sunset sail. I even got to crank the winch on the main mast for the heaviest sail. And we met the lead singer from South Africa's "Peace Train" which made for interesting conversation.

What are some fun date destinations near you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Abrakadoodle--that's one of those designer cross-breeds of dogs, isn't it? But I've forgotten what . . . a poodle and a magician?

AM Kingsfield said...

I love puns, so welcome pun woman!

Abrakadoodle is as much fun for kids as puppies and magicians. It is an art education program.

Mike said...

I have a good friend who has 2 dogs a cross between Maltese and a Poodle. Since he has more than one I guess you can call them Multi - poos

( I know this one stinks ! )